Herberg Binnen is located in the village of Egmond-Binnen, near the seaside resort of Egmond aan Zee (3 km) and a short distance from Alkmaar (10 km) with its cozy city center.
From Hotel Herberg Binnen you are almost directly in the North Holland Dune Reserve, a beautiful area with a great diversity in landscape, where you can enjoy walking, cycling and enjoying nature.
Egmond-Binnen has its own beach (2.5 km from Herberg Binnen), which can only be reached by bicycle or on foot through the dune area. This makes it a still relatively quiet beach where the heelijk can linger.
The beach of the seaside resort of Egmond aan Zee (4km) and Castricum (5km) can also be reached by car.
In Egmond-Binnen is the well-known Abdij van Egmond, walking distance.
Along this also leads theMonnikkenpad, an old pilgrim route that leads along the 3 Egmonden.
The surrounding villages of Castricum and Heiloo also offer a wide range of shops and restaurants.
For beer lovers, the Abbey beer Sancti Adalberti is brewed in Egmond aan den Hoef (2km); this one brouwerij can also be visited.
The city Alkmaar is a real shopping city, outside the main shopping streets there are many small streets and the Old Town is also worth a visit!Alkmaar also has a rich history, numerous monuments and old city walls and of course the well-known Kaasmarkt.
In addition, we can certainly recommend the following sights;
- The fishing village of Volendam on the IJsselmeer.
- Egmond aan Zee: lighthouse Van Speijck
- nature reserve manager PWN De Hoep
- experience an exciting adventure in Escaperoom Egmond
- Paardenrenbaan Alkmaar, for those who love horses and gambling
- or if you want to go for a piece of history, this is definitely worth it, about the 2nd World War and many bunkers in the area Bunkermuseum